One of the best-selling outdoor storage sheds, the 6405 from Lifetime boasts decent features that include four skylights, vents, customizable shelves, lockable doors, and high density polyethylene floor. But is this outdoor shed worth it? We’ve written this Lifetime 6405 outdoor storage shed review to help you make an informed decision.
In a hurry? Check out the Lifetime 6405 outdoor shed here.
Before You Buy, Here’s What You Should Know About the 6405
– It doesn’t have a battery-operated light, but you can have one installed.
– Many consumers have asked about the 6405’s floor. First, it is made of thick corrugated plastic. And since it’s plastic, it has to be 100% supported by a flat, solid base (i.e., level the ground with concrete). Otherwise, you won’t align the doors. This in turn results in difficulty in closing and opening your doors.
– Padlocks can be used to lock the doors. There are holes through the handles. You’ll find difficulty locking the doors, though, if they are out of alignment.
– The colors on the outside are the same on the inside — light beige to grey as advertised or shown in the picture.
– This is made in the USA.
Lifetime 6405 Outdoor Storage Shed Review: Consumer Feedback
– Assembly. This procedure can be tricky and difficult. As it is made from plastic, you need to first put up a solid, flat base so every part of this shed — especially the doors — is aligned properly. Some people say that they spent “countless hours” putting up their outdoor shed. They did say though that if you have more than two people building the shed, assembly would be easy.
– Durability. Because this shed is made from plastic, don’t forget to consider that it may not last very long due to the weather (e.g., hard sun and tornado). Some consumers, though, have had their shed for 2 or 4 years now.
– Features. At least two people have said that their skylights don’t let in much light. To make sure that light gets in, put your shed on the sunnier side of your yard.
The Lifetime 6405 Outdoor Storage Shed has a lot of room that can house large objects. And without so much weather issues, it can last at least 4 years. But to reap these benefits and more, take time to assemble it right and to give it a solid, flat base.